Re: emacs diary/calendar insert day (i-d)

From: Janusz S. Bień
Subject: Re: emacs diary/calendar insert day (i-d)
Date: 11 Nov 2002 11:11:36 +0100

On 10 Nov 2002  Matthias Meulien <meulien@club.lemonde.fr> wrote:

> jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:
>
> > (...) What about using a local variables block at the end of the
> > file?
>
> The command  `insert-diary-entry' and similar functions insert their
> entries at the end of the file.

Fortunately the local variable block doesn't need to be at the very
end of the file:

           The start of the local variables list must be no more than
        3000 characters from the end of the file, and must be in the
        last page if the file is divided into pages.

I hope the future versions of diary functions will take care of local
variables blocks.

Best regards

Janusz

--