Re: Gnu emacs for (shudder, spit) Windows

From: Syver Enstad
Subject: Re: Gnu emacs for (shudder, spit) Windows
Date: 11 Nov 2002 15:32:29 +0100

Jive Dadson <sdadfas@sadfdsfa.invalid> writes:

> Howdy folks.  I would like to run a couple of gnu programs on my work
> computer, which is all MS Windows 2000 Pro.  I don't have gcc
> available.  Only VC++ 6.0.  I would like to run gnu emacs and bison.
> Also,I would like a version of gnu emacs that is scriptable with
> Python.

I am currently running Windows 2000 pro, I don't use GCC and I have
VC++ 6.0 and I am scripting GNU Emacs using Francois Pinard's
excellent pymacs package. Google for Pymacs, I believe that the setup
scripts for pymacs should work on Windows 2000 now. If they don't
contact me and I will help you get pymacs up and running. As other's
have pointed out you should install cygwin to get bison. Put cygwin's
bin directory in your Windows path variable to let emacs access the
cygwin programs that you need.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad