pc-selection-mode in shell buffer

From: Felix E. Klee
Subject: pc-selection-mode in shell buffer
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:14:43 +0100

Hi,

I enabled pc-selection-mode in EMACS 21.2.1 via Customize:
(custom-set-variables
 [...]
 '(pc-selection-mode t nil (pc-select))
 [...])
It all works fine except in the shell mode. Usually when I select some text
and hit the delete key all the selected text is removed. This is, however,
not the case in shell mode (M-x shell). Here when I select text and hit the
delete key only the character at the mark is deleted. This inconsitent
behavior is very annoying. How do I change it?

Felix