Re: getting mouse-wheel-follow-mouse to work on Windows

From: Richard V. Molen
Subject: Re: getting mouse-wheel-follow-mouse to work on Windows
Date: 12 Nov 2002 15:18:03 -0800

Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> writes:

> Dave Duxbury <dave@davidduxbury.com> writes:
> [...]
> > Is setting (mouse-wheel-follow-mouse t) supposed to work for NT
> > Emacs or is it a UNIX only thing?
> > I can't seem to get it to work on WinXP (Emacs 21.2.1), scrolling
> > via the mouse wheel always affects the selected emacs window, not
> > the one below the mouse pointer.
>
> It works for me. Same Emacs version, same operating system. I have
> tested it right now. But I seem to recall that this does not always
> work (or was this 21.3.50?), so maybe it is buggy.
>
>     Oliver
> --
> 22 Brumaire an 211 de la Révolution
> Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!

Doesn't work for me either -- tried 'runemacs --debug-init
--no-init-file' then 'M-x mouse-wheel-mode' then C-x C-e on '(setq
mouse-wheel-follow-mouse t)'.  Interestingly, I did need to add
'(mouse-wheel-mode)' to my .emacs in Linux in order to get the mouse
wheel working at all in Linux.

--
Richard V. Molen

Warning!!
Signature under construction, safety glasses required.