Re: Emacs 21.3.50 on OS X 10.2.2

From: Hugo Wolf
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.3.50 on OS X 10.2.2
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:22:28 GMT

In article <aqsekd$8i0$1@pixie.nscp.aoltw.net>, Chris Waterson wrote:
> The emacs-os/x FAQ mentions bad ju-ju related to fink, so I guess my
> next trick will be uninstalling that... :-(

I have lots of fink packages installed, including texinfo.  Maybe you
need more fink rather than less...

But I doubt seriously the build of emacs sees any of part of fink
other than the texinfo executables.  Certainly it can't possibly see
fink libs or include files and it's unlikely to use fink executables
during the build process (other than the texinfo tools).

I'm happy to post my 10.2.2 Emacs buld somewhere as a .dmg if anyone
has a server I can upload to.  The disk image file is ~ 33MB.  This
build is completely encapsulated as a .app package -- nothing goes in
/usr/local, so no need for an installer.

Hmm, now that I think of it, maybe this is relevant to the build
problems some of you are seeing.  Did you try removing all traces of
the 10.2.1 emacs build from /usr/local?  I don't keep any emacs
components there once the .app is constructed -- that might explain
why I had no problems building.