Re: looking for: query-replace with a "yank-word" binding ala isearch

From: bigfaceworm
Subject: Re: looking for: query-replace with a "yank-word" binding ala isearch
Date: 13 Nov 2002 09:53:57 -0800

Works great, thanks.
But I'm confused now.

I didn't expect the code to work b/c I don't see how subsequent calls to
'bfw-insert-word would insert more and more words.  I expected the
'save-excursion to save the point&mark in the minibuffer-scroll-window (as
well as the state of the current buffer (minibuffer).

But... the documentation says it just saves the point&mark in the current
buffer - a distinction I didn't realize before.

So, this code works b/c we're actually moving the point in the
minibuffer-scroll-window?  (which is protected by a larger save-excursion
inside of the query-replace)?

That is probably why the debugged version worked (like Kevin pointed out).
Learn a new thing every day...

BFW