Newbie: Changing colours

From: Stewart Gordon
Subject: Newbie: Changing colours
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:00:19 +0000

Using Emacs 21.1.1, Solaris.

I've finally figured out how to set the foreground and background
colour.  However, there are a few things I'm still not sure about:

- How do I select a colour by RGB value, other than by entering it on
the command line?
- Why won't it allow me to use #fff7e9 as a background, even though it's
the system colour for window background?
- How do I set the syntax highlighting colours?

Stewart.

--
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the