Re: face at point

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: face at point
Date: 19 Nov 2002 10:55:34 +0900

Tim Cross <tcross@nospam.une.edu.au> writes:
> Would you consider the default colour for cited text in gnus when
> following up to a post as being "broken" because its "red" on a black
> background? Personally, I find this difficult to read, but maybe
> others would not.

I don't particularly like this default, and in fact have it changed in
my personal configuration, but looking at the default now, I find it
more `annoying' than `difficult to read.'  I presume that the intent of
using that particular sort of (somewhat dim) color is to make the cited
text recede into the background, so that the text you're typing stands
out.  [I personally use `Orange2'; what do you think of that?]

As always, tastes vary, so it's possible that this _has_ been discussed
and no consensus to change it reached, but Emacs (and Gnus in
particular) has so many different faces that maybe everybody found it
easier to change it personally rather than to argue about it.

As Eli said in an earlier message, there is an informal policy to try
to keep the light-background and dark-background variants of a face at
least `similar,' which sometimes complicates things.

What color do you use for this face?

-Miles
--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein