Re: strange behavior with multi-buffer Lisp code

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: strange behavior with multi-buffer Lisp code
Date: 18 Nov 2002 22:04:17 -0800

Stefan> I think what you want in your case is to look for a window
Stefan> displaying this buffer, select that window, do `goto-char'.
Stefan> This way, you'll change the value of point for this
Stefan> buffer+window combination.  If the buffer is displayed in
Stefan> several windows, you might want to move `point' in each one of
Stefan> them, or to just choose one and change it only in that one.

itz> OK, that sounds like a plan.  I'll try it and report.

It works now :-)  Thanks for setting me on the right path.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087