Re: How are you using (local) version control and comments?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: How are you using (local) version control and comments?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:43:13 +0100

"Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu>
writes:

>> I'm currently using a Change-Log in each directory, describing changes
>> in local files, and a "module specific" Change-Log in the top
>> directory. But when using commit from pcl-cvs on the whole module, I
>> have to manually copy and edit entries from all Change-logs below.
>
> Sounds like a bug (or lack of feature ;-) in PCL-CVS.  I'll see if I
> can fix it.  Thanks for mentioning it.

It works for me.  There is a small problem:

Suppose you have a ChangeLog file with one entry for lisp/foo.el and
an entry for texi/foo.texi.  Then you commit.  The commit message
with say lisp/foo.el and texi/foo.texi which clearly identifies the
files.

Now consider another situation where you write an entry in
lisp/ChangeLog for lisp/foo.el and an entry in texi/ChangeLog for
texi/foo.texi, then commit.  Then the commit message will say foo.el
and foo.texi instead of lisp/foo.el and texi/foo.texi.

I consider this behavior to be a cosmetic problem at worst.  It
doesn't bother me at all.

kai