yank-and-indent

From: Timur Aydin
Subject: yank-and-indent
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:28:56 +0200

Hi,

In programming, very often a number of lines are killed, yanked to another
location and are reindented according to the new location. Currently, the
following sequence has to be done manually:

1) Mark the lines to be killed
2) Kill the lines
3) Yank into new location
4) Mark the same lines again.
5) Hit C-M-\ to indent the lines according to new location.

I would like to reduce the procedure to:

1) Mark the lines to be killed
2) Kill the lines
3) Hit ???? to yank and indent the lines.

Any wisdom on how this can be accomplished? I am a beginner in lisp, so
hopefully there is a way that doesn't require writing a lisp function...

--
Timur