Re: yank-and-indent

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: yank-and-indent
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:07:59 GMT

"Timur Aydin" <asdfweasdf@diowekfsdf.dersdre> writes:

> In programming, very often a number of lines are killed, yanked to another
> location and are reindented according to the new location.

Try this.  No idea where i got it.  Actually, looks like I got it
from
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=u66crixve.fsf%40sdm.de&rnum=1

;; automatically indenting yanked text if in programming-modes
(defadvice yank (after indent-region activate)
  (if (member major-mode '(emacs-lisp-mode
                           c-mode c++-mode
                           tcl-mode sql-mode
                           perl-mode cperl-mode
                           java-mode jde-mode
                           LaTeX-mode TeX-mode))
      (let ((transient-mark-mode nil))
        (indent-region (region-beginning) (region-end) nil))))

Parrot in a raincoat: polyunsaturated.