Re: what does (interactive "P") do?

From: Michael Slass
Subject: Re: what does (interactive "P") do?
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:33:36 GMT

seberino@spawar.navy.mil writes:

>I just saw (interactive "P") in a .emacs and
>wondered what it did.  I assume (interactive)
>lets a user run a function v. just being
>run from another function.
>
>What extra functiononality does the "P" give you?
>
>Chris
>--

You have just crossed the threshold in your lisp programming
sophistication where the manual is a must.  Go get the elisp-intro and
elisp manuals from www.fsf.org.  They're available in info format,
which means that you can read them from within emacs, and evaluate
(execute) the samples as you go.

--
Mike Slass