Re: AucTeX

From: Stein A. Stromme
Subject: Re: AucTeX
Date: 22 Nov 2002 14:56:40 +0100

[arthur chereau]

| Hi,
|
| With auctex, I'd like to keep an xdvi window showing the dvi corresponding to
| the current emacs buffer.
|
| For now, with (list "View" "%v " 'TeX-run-command nil t) in tex-site.el,
| I can run xdvi from emacs, but then I need to close xdvi if I want to lauch
| another compilation.
|
| First, I'd like to keep the xdvi window always opened, that is:
| - the first time I compile the source from emacs, emacs opens an xdvi window
|   with the corresponding dvi
| - I don't need to close xdvi to recompile
| - when I recompile with auctex, xdvi updates the dvi

This is how things work for me, using the default out-of-the-box
configuration of auctex.  I just need to click in the xdvi window in
order to update it (which is a little annyoing, I agree).

| Now, I'd like the dvi shown by xdvi to always correspond to the emacs buffer:
| - I compile a (La)TeX file as shown above; an xdvi window is opened
| - I open another (La)TeX file in emacs
| - when I compile it, xdvi automatically shows the dvi corresponding to the
|   new emacs buffer

Why not have two xdvi windows instead?

Stein
--
Stein Arild Strømme            +47 55584825, +47 95801887
Universitetet i Bergen                  Fax: +47 55589672