GDB under EMACS - how to tell GDB not to split the frame

From: Porky Pig Jr
Subject: GDB under EMACS - how to tell GDB not to split the frame
Date: 22 Nov 2002 10:26:09 -0800

When I start GDB under EMACS, GDB always split the frame into two
parts. A source code in one part, GDB in another part. Even if I close
GDB part of the screen and open a separate frame, with GDB in it, once
I start issuing GDB commands, GDB splits the frame again. Is there a
way so I can run GDB in one frame and have a source file in another
frame?

TIA.