Re: (Newbie) How to turn AutoFill-mode on/off

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: (Newbie) How to turn AutoFill-mode on/off
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 02:07:59 GMT

ken <ken@cleveland.lug.net> writes:

> If the kind of document your writing is no more typographially complex
> than, say, a master's thesis, then I would suggest using HTML.  It'll do
> superscripts and subscripts (e.g., for footnotes), italics, bold,
> various and variable-sized fonts, tables, and a lot more and quite a bit
> more easily than LaTeX.

If you're doing anything with footnotes, or anything you want to
number, you do not want to be writing superscripts and subscripts by
hand.  Or section or figure numbers, etc.  Unless you happen to like
renumbering everything when you change something.

You'd end up doing it with a word processor which would autogenerate
all that and output HTML.

For that kind of thing, it would be about as easy to learn LaTeX, and
you'd spend a whole lot less time doing things manually.

Oxymoron: Voluntary Contributions.