Re: Mac OS X: Rebuild Require after Security Update 2002-11-21

From: Hugo Wolf
Subject: Re: Mac OS X: Rebuild Require after Security Update 2002-11-21
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:08:56 GMT

In article <241120021529133550%duboisj@codeweavers.com>, Josh DuBois wrote:
> I specified --with-carbon and --without-x, and I still had to alter the
> DONTCOMPILE list.

Very strange.  Sounds like it's trying to compile something
Windows-specific and therefore failing, but I don't understand why
these configuration options would lead to that result.

> I have no X-windows on this machine: do most people
> build with X installed?

I don't know about most people, but I've had XFree installed pretty
much as long as I've been running osx.  I have plenty of occasions to
run xemacs remotely on my Mac.  Otoh for these purposes it shouldn't
matter one way or the other if you configure emacs --without-x (as I
do).