Re: unexpected Del behaviour after C-d binding

From: Fredrik Staxeng
Subject: Re: unexpected Del behaviour after C-d binding
Date: 26 Nov 2002 13:07:52 +0100

Dani Barral <d.barral@staffs.ac.uk> writes:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to configure the keyboard of my laptop into something more
>confortable for my hands. First I want to rebind some emacs commands
>and after I'll exchange some control,alt,... keys in X.
>
>The problem I having with GNU Emacs 21.2.1 is that the behaviour of
>the Del key changes after this:
>
>(global-unset-key "\C-d")
>(global-set-key "\C-d" 'next-line)
>
>Now everytime I press Del next-line is executed. However C-h Del returns:
><delete> runs the command "^D"
>    which is a keyboard macro.
>
>Could anybody what's wrong with those two bindings above?

Nothing. The binding of <delete> assumes a standard
Emacs keymap. You will have to change that mapping as well.

In general, expect to change lots of bindings, and expect changes to
cascade. You will probably have a small maintenance burden when
you are done.

--
Fredrik Stax\"ang | rot13: sfgk@hcqngr.hh.fr