Re: Formatting of XML

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Formatting of XML
Date: 26 Nov 2002 10:08:42 -0500

> I'm working with XML, and comming to grips with NT emacs. I've figured
> out how to set the mode to SGML, which gives me the coloured markup.
> The problem is that I can't indent my tags as I'd like. I'm certain
> there's a configuration change I can make (this is emacs after al!),
> and your help would be most appreciated.

The distributed version of sgml-mode does not support automatic indentation.
The development one does, tho (it basically merged in the xml-lite code
mentioned by Michael, with a few extra fixes/improvements (and new bugs
as well, I'm sure)).  Get it from:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/textmodes/sgml-mode.el?rev=HEAD

-- Stefan