Re: Syntax highlighting for another languaje

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Syntax highlighting for another languaje
Date: 27 Nov 2002 17:55:12 +0100

Hi Leo,

"Bermudez, Leonardo " <lbcd@ChevronTexaco.com> writes:
> I was wondering how can I define font-locking for another
> languaje. This languaje is just comment lines that start with "--",
> some comands in uppercase and numbers (its an input file for another
> program).

Have a look at lisp/generic.el and lisp/generic-x.el.  The first
defines the function define-generic-mode (see also C-h f
define-generic-mode), the other uses that for a number of simple
modes that you can use as examples.

> The other problem that I have is that I am just at user level in a
> linux box and I do not have administrative rights.

You can define a generic mode in your ~/.emacs.  If things get larger
or you want to use code from other sources, you can always create your
own elisp directory in your home and add that to your load-path
variable in ~/.emacs.

Hope this helps, benny