Re: Line wrapping...

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Line wrapping...
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:09:52 +0100

"alan" <alanbrown@pacbell.net> writes:

> It works just fine.  However, when I do C-x 3 to vertically split
> the current buffer into 2 buffers, both of the buffers stop doing
> line wrapping and the lines end in a $ to signify overflow.

If you read the documentation for truncate-lines, you will find the
following paragraph:

    Note that this is overridden by the variable
    `truncate-partial-width-windows' if that variable is non-nil
    and this buffer is not full-frame width.

If that is not good enough -- perhaps you did not realize that
splitting with C-x 3 results in "buffers not full-frame width" -- then
I hope you will file a bug report.  Just use M-x report-emacs-bug and
explain the problem.  Bugs in the documentation are just that: Bugs.
And we need people to spot these, too.  :)

Alex.