JDEE on SuSE Linux 8.0

From: Marcel Schmittfull
Subject: JDEE on SuSE Linux 8.0
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:43:16 GMT

Hi
I'm quite new to Emacs and I'd like to install the package JDEE. In
order to so I've to install elib (I downloaded it from
http://jdee.sunsite.dk/elib-1.0.tar.gz).

Now I encounter when installing elib on Linux SuSE Personal 8.0. Has
anyone of you had the same problems ?

I changed the Makefile as follows:

Makefile:
# ================================================================
# Change the following to reflect the situation at your site:

prefix = /usr
## was before: prefix = /usr/local
datadir = $(prefix)/share
locallisppath = $(datadir)/emacs/21.1/lisp
# This will fail if locallisppath is anything but a single directory.
# That is all right, since that is the default behaviour of Emacs;
those
# that know how to change it, should know how to change this file.
And
# if this is accepted into GNU Emacs, the files should end up inside
# the normal lisp directory.
ELIBDIR = $(locallisppath)/elib
infodir = $(prefix)/share/info

EMACS = emacs
MAKEINFO = makeinfo
TEXI2DVI = texi2dvi
SHELL = /bin/sh
INSTALL_DATA = cp

# ================================================================
# You shouldn't change anything below this line.
#

After `make install' (typed in as root) these errors occur:

emacs -batch -l elib-compile-all.el -f compile-elib
mkdir /usr/share/emacs/21.1/lisp/elib
cp elib.info* /usr/share/info
if /bin/sh -c 'install-info --version' \
        >/dev/null 2>&1; then \
        install-info --infodir=/usr/share/info elib.info; \
else true; fi
install-info: Unbekannte Option »--infodir=/usr/share/info«
»install-info --help« gibt weitere Informationen.
make: *** [install-info] Fehler 1

I don't understand anything of this error. What does it mean ?

Maybe there's a mistake in my Makefile; what locallisppath do I have
to choose ? On my system emacs is installed as follows:
          /usr/share/emacs
   site-lisp             21.1
                 |         |     |        |
                          etc   leim  lisp  site-lisp
(etc, leim, lisp and site-lisp are in the directory 21.1)
where
        /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp contains about 20 el and elc files
        /usr/share/emacs/21.1/lisp contains lots of el and elc files
and several directories (f.e. calendar, gnus)
        /usr/share/emacs/21.1/site-lisp contains the file subdirs.el
and the directory term

I chose /usr/share/emacs/21.1/lisp as the locallisppath. Is this
correct ?

Or have I done any other mistakes ?

Thanks in advance !
Marcel