format=flowed

From: Michael Herman
Subject: format=flowed
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 21:25:18 -0600

There has been a pretty heated discussion going on regarding
format=flowed with Mutt and VIM.  I am curious about how this works in
Emacs.  It seems that Mutt is agnostic regarding the format of mail
and gets the encoding information from the editor used.

I have read the emacs manual and the MIME section as well.  From what
I have read, if I enable enriched-mode, it will create e-mail as
format=flowed which it does.

However, it still seems to set a hard line-feed at column 70.  Is this
the way it is supposed to work?

TIA.

--
Michael Herman