Re: How to see the value of each char in a string?

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: How to see the value of each char in a string?
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:12:12 GMT

In article <84isyfas6t.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>,
Kai Großjohann <kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de> wrote:
>Barry Margolin <barmar@genuity.net> writes:
>
>> I thought I answered this in my earlier post: You're running "more" or
>> "less", which uses "q" as the command to exit.
>
>It is, however, somewhat surprising that running any command in a
>shell buffer makes C-x k and C-c C-c and so on fail to work.

What makes you think they're failing?  They're sending the usual signal to
the program running in the shell buffer.  Some applications handle this
signal. differently from others.  Many interactive applications use SIGINT
(what C-c C-c sends) as the way to get back to their prompt, rather than
terminate the program completely, and I think less is like this.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA