Re: new in emacs

From: John McCabe
Subject: Re: new in emacs
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:31:41 GMT

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:50:10 +0200, "barak yaish"
<yaishb@mail.biu.ac.il> wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C29A01.59A62260
>
>hi all,
>
>At last i decided to test emasc and see whether it meets my requirments. but
>there is little problem. my OS is win2k, and i cant configure the printing
>through emacs! i tried to play with the .emacs file, but i probably did it
>wrong... please some can guide me. i have a network printer (connected to a
>hole in the wall :-) with known address (of course). i the .emasc file i
>wrote (setq printer-name "\\\\BIU\\pr-mehr-2200-2").

Try using the customize facility.

M-x customize-option<ret>
printer-name<ret>

In the "Name:" box enter:

//BIU/pr-mehr-2200-2

and press "Save for future sessions".

> by the way, the file is
>placed under c:/usr/home, but my home directory (which i've no idea if emacs
>knows that as well) is c:/documents and settings/yaishb.

If you haven't set the environment variable "HOME" to anything (under
Control Panel => System => Advanced => Environment Variables) then I
believe Emacs treats your home directory as C:\. You can easily find
out: enter C-x d then, at the prompt, press ~ and then <return>. Emacs
will open a directory listing of what it considers to be your home
directory, with the name at the top of the buffer.

Hope this helps.

PS If there's any way for you to disable the sending of html it would
probably be appreciated.