Re: Problem with Latex / compile dvi postscript

From: Kester Clegg
Subject: Re: Problem with Latex / compile dvi postscript
Date: 04 Dec 2002 10:38:55 +0000

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> When you open a *.tex file (containing LaTeX source code), do you see
> a `LaTeX' and a `Command' menu bar item?  If so, then you should be
> using AUC-TeX, and there surely a TeX-command-default variable is
> defined.

Sorry Kai, I simply did M-x customize-variable, which didn't find it.

> Type C-h v TeX-command-default RET from that *.tex buffer.  What does
> Emacs say?

TeX-command-default's value is "LaTeX"
Local in buffer RefactoringCodeTN0221.tex; global value is nil

Documentation:
The default command for TeX-command in the current major mode.

If M-x customize-variable doesn't pick it up, how does one change it?

Kester Clegg                            Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)                University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49                    email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk