Re: Problem with Latex / compile dvi postscript

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Problem with Latex / compile dvi postscript
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:34:23 +0100

Kester Clegg <kester@cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> "Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza" <dieter.jurzitza@t-online.de> writes:
>
>> if anybody is interested in a patch that allows the usage of pdflatex
>> and acrobat reader (i.E) really integrated with automatic detection of
>> the presence of more up-to-date .pdf-files come back to me.
>
> Can you get AR to behave the way xdvi does, i.e. reload the new output
> file automatically when it receives focus, or like xpdf, on hitting 'r'
> or turning a page?  That would be useful!

I use Ctrl+W to close the current file, then Ctrl+CursorLeft to go
back.  That has the effect of reloading the current file.

But this fails if AR has more than one file open.

Actually, I rather liked it, but now I've gone back to xdvi because
of source specials and forward/backward search.  I miss the
nicely-looking anti-aliasing, though.

It seems that latex+dvips+ps2pdf produces nice PDF files, too.