Redefinig keys

From: Bernd Schandl
Subject: Redefinig keys
Date: 8 Dec 2002 12:16:53 -0800

I just installed a new SuSE Linux version with Emacs 21.2.1 and some commands
in my .emacs don't work anymore. I am redefining some function keys with
commands like
  (global-set-key [(control f5)] 'find-file)
But C-f5 doesn't work. What might be wrong? Did something concerning
global-set-key change in recent versions of Emacs? Or did I change some
other setting that makes this stop working?
Also, when I try to use global-set-key interactively and I get to the point
where I have to enter the key to define, pressing C-f5 (or any other function
key) does not invoke any reaction. Pressing something else (like C-f) works
fine?

  Bernd