Re: why my post is delayed so much?

From: Springfield
Subject: Re: why my post is delayed so much?
Date: 08 Dec 2002 23:38:20 +0000

Zimmen Gnauh <yah00204052@yahoo.com> writes:

> This is definitely an off-topic question. But I don't see any
> newsgroup related newsgroup that's more appropriate to post this
> question.  I used to see my post immediately, but not anymore. Any post
> gets delay for at least 10 minutes or more. I didn't change any setting
> in my newsgroup reader, the Netscape communicatior 4.74.  Any idea?

If it's not your newsreader then its your nntp server and out of your
hands!

Springfield
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
From: Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 00:39:50 +0100
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: evaluate a quoted variable in Texinfo

Zimmen Gnauh <yah00204052@yahoo.com> writes:

> In texinfo doumentation system, most variables mentioned are quoted.
> Like 'gnus-nntp-server' in the gnus manual.

If you want to see the current value of the variable, try `C-h v' with
point placed on the word.

But if Gnus hasn't been loaded then this particular variable is not
defined -- so it does not make sense to ask for its value.  The same
applies to other options that are only defined when a particular mode is
loaded.