Re: PCL-CVS only committing some files

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: PCL-CVS only committing some files
Date: 09 Dec 2002 11:51:24 -0500

> But what I really want is to void having `f' in the *cvs* buffer frob
> the list of files that will be committed!

I believe this to be a bug, but I haven't look into it yet.

        Stefan
From: "CarlC" <carlc@snowbd.com>
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:49:30 GMT
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Search Next

"Galen Boyer" <galenboyer@hotpop.com> wrote in message
usmx7jiq2.fsf@standardandpoors.com">news:usmx7jiq2.fsf@standardandpoors.com...
> On Mon, 09 Dec 2002, carlc@snowbd.com wrote:
> > I am having trouble finding the emacs command for Find
> > Next. Basically, I want to be able to press a key and have it
> > search for the next occurrence of the previously entered search
> > string. I know that I can do CTRL-S while in isearch and it
> > will move to the next occurence. I want to do this after
> > exiting isearch.
>
> Why can't you do C-s C-s again?  It will keep your last search as
> the default for the next one, and you can do M-p to get other
> searches.

This works fine. Can I bind it to a function key?

> > On a related subject, what is the name of the variable that
> > stores this last search string? I want to be able to save this
> > for each file from session.el.
>
> isearch-string

session stores search-ring as a global list of search strings. C-s C-s works
from the last string in this global list. I want to remember the last search
string for the individual file. I can save isearch-string as a local
variable (I can see its value in .session), but emacs still does not
remember this for my next edit session of this file.

Thanks for the help.