system freeze upon emacs exit

From: Hansjoerg Neth
Subject: system freeze upon emacs exit
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:10:48 -0000

Hello --
I'm presently using emacs, Auc TeX, MiKTeX etc. on a Win98 machine and
have the following problem:  Every now and then my entire system
freezes when I try to exit emacs (by C-x C-c or clicking on the 'x' in
the top right corner of the window) and then has to be rebooted.  As
I've already upgraded to a more recent version (21.2.1) without
resolving the problem I was wondering whether anyone else has
experienced or solved this problem?  Thanks & cheers,  Hans