Re: Unable to use custom font in 21.2.1

From: Max Spring
Subject: Re: Unable to use custom font in 21.2.1
Date: 17 Dec 2002 21:51:39 -0800

Here are more details:  I've installed a fixpoint font

   $ cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/
   $ ls sepps-10x18-os2.*
   sepps-10x18-os2.pcf.gz
   $ xlsfonts sepps-10x18-os2
   sepps-10x18-os2
   $ egrep sepps-10x18-os2 fonts.dir
   sepps-10x18-os2.pcf.gz sepps-10x18-os2
   $ xlsfonts -l 10x20
   DIR  MIN  MAX EXIST DFLT PROP ASC DESC NAME
   -->    0  255  some    0   22  16    4 10x20
   -->    0  255  some    0   22  16    4 10x20
   $ xlsfonts -l sepps-10x18-os2
   DIR  MIN  MAX EXIST DFLT PROP ASC DESC NAME
   -->    0  255   all   32    8  14    4 sepps-10x18-os2
   -->    0  255   all   32    8  14    4 sepps-10x18-os2

When I eval

   (set-default-font "sepps-08x18-os2")

the font which gets actually displayed is a Courier font with probably an 8x18
character size.  Whereas if I eval

   (set-default-font "10x20")

I see the proper 10x20 fixpoint displayed.

A further aspect: With Emacs 20.7 I didn't have this problem.  My fixpoint
font gets displayed as expected.

-Max