Re: How to view online converted to html a .doc URL without creating a f

From: Don Saklad
Subject: Re: How to view online converted to html a .doc URL without creating a file on the computer locally.
Date: 18 Dec 2002 09:39:10 -0500

...Excellent !   Mucho thanks Sweden!

It should be posted with problematical links for users that might need it.
From: marcel-sl@gmx.de (Marcel Schmittfull)
Newsgroups: comp.emacs,gnu.emacs.help
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:23:03 GMT
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: M-TAB already used by KDE

Benjamin Lewis <bclewis@cs.sfu.ca> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Marcel Schmittfull wrote:
>
>> Yes ok, this works. But for me it's very awkward to type <ESC><TAB>
>> since I've to leave the ground position of my left hand on the
>> keyboard (on an usual German keyboard; probably that's quite different
>> from English ones). Since I'm going to use completion _very_ often, I
>> would be very happy about an easier keybinding...
>
>Perhaps you could use a different key for Meta in emacs.  I use the
>"Windows" key for windowmanager functions, and the "Alt" key as Meta in
>emacs.  If KDE doesn't allow you to change key bindings, perhaps some
>jiggery-pokery in .emacs and/or with xmodmap would allow the change in
>emacs. (Assuming you have a such a key available).

Yes, I have the "windows" key on my keyboard. What would I have to
write in my .emacs in order to use the "windows" key in the same
meaning as the "Alt" key ? That is I want the "alt" key and the
"windows" key to have both the same meaning in emacs, namely "Meta".

However, in comp.windows.x.kde nobody answers to my question about how
to change KDE keybindings. Hence I'd be happy about an solution in
emacs...

6Marcel