buffer switch & copy not under X

From: Francesco Scaglioni
Subject: buffer switch & copy not under X
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:04:18 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I have two problems  ;-{

1] when running emacs under X the following in my ~/.emacs is self
explanatory, yet when running emacs in an xterm (font reasons ) it
doesn't work.

; Switch buffer with ctrl-tab
(global-set-key [(ctrl tab)] 'bury-buffer) ; Ctrl-Tab switches buffers

2] under x the 'contents' of C-k, C-w and M-w are available to paste
to other applications elsewhere via a middle mouse button ( I am using
windowmaker on SuSE 8.0 ) - yet when running emacs within an xterm
they are not.

Does anyone have any suggestons ? and many thanks.

Happy Christmas ( to those to whom it may be relevant )

Francesco