Re: Dumbing down Emacs 21 graphics?

From: Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Dumbing down Emacs 21 graphics?
Date: 26 Dec 2002 10:54:12 -0700

sinoslav@yahoo.com (Roger Levy) writes:

> I'm trying to figure out how to customize out some of the graphical
> features of Emacs 21, e.g. get rid of the toolbar.  My rationale is
> that I use Emacs frequently via a DSL connection that's sufficiently
> slow that Emacs 21 responds considerably more sluggishly than Emacs
> 20.

Why not simply run it in console mode?  Unlike previous versions, 21
offers text colours, hilighting &c. in console mode--and it's very
fast.  The only oddities are things like C <down-arrow> not skipping
paragraphs in text mode on the console.

--
Robert Uhl <ruhl@4dv.net>
If you're going to live in conditions that require a full time life