Re: Building on OS X

From: Raphaël Berbain
Subject: Re: Building on OS X
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:27:09 +0100

Timothy Larkin wrote:

> The problem has turned out to be the presence in 3 files of the lines
>
> <<<<<<< darwin.h
> =======
>
> either in sequence or in close proximity.  Any idea why these lines
> should appear?  They appear, for instance, in <darwin.h>, and I know
> they are not legal C code.

They should not appear - at least, they should never stay for a long
time.

I know nothing about OS X, Darwin, or the Emacs source code base.
However, this strongly looks like a cvs unresolved conflict.  The text
that appears between '<<<<<<< darwin.h' and '=======' is the version
that was in a local darwin.h file, while the text between '======='
and '>>>>>>> 1.10' is the version that was in the cvs repository when
the conflict occured.

So either you modified your local copy of darwin.h in a way that cvs
was unable to merge with the repository version, in which case you
should resolve the conflict locally (which often means choosing the
right portion, but can be much trickier - if you are in this case
though, chances are big that you are quite familiar with this portion
of the code), or somebody else made that conflict appear, and checked
it in the cvs repository by mistake - and then it appeared in your
local version when you cvs update'd.  In this case, cvs log and
history commands can help you find who did it so it can be resolved
with its help - look for changes between revisions 1.10 and 1.11.

--
Raphaël