How to permanently set terminal coding system?

From: A . L . Meyers
Subject: How to permanently set terminal coding system?
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:30:28 +0100

Hi!  Currently have to set terminal coding system manually each time I
start emacs to latin-1.  Which variable must I customize to set this
permanently, please?

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15