Re: Answer to the "Café Américain" problem: diplaying latin-1 hyperascii

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Answer to the "Café Américain" problem: diplaying latin-1 hyperascii characters
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 01:57:03 +0000 (UTC)

In article <6525a5d7.0212030714.47277179@posting.google.com>,
Jay F. Shachter <jay@m5.chi.il.us> wrote:
>I have solved the problem of Emacs's failure to display latin-1 hyperascii
>characters -- even though XEmacs was displaying them perfectly -- and in
>solving
>the problem, discovered a fascinating albeit esoteric subtle difference between
>Emacs and XEmacs, at least in my computer environment, and perhaps in yours
>too.

<BIG SNIP>

I've read the thread, and the suggestion that you
consult with some font "expert".

Please followup here with what suggestions and explanations
you got from those "experts", and what you finally decided to
do.

And, if that program you wrote is still necessary after
all that, perhaps you could post it here too?

Thanks!

David