Re: line numbers

From: Benjamin Lewis
Subject: Re: line numbers
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 00:10:31 -0800

Matthew Low wrote:

> I'm using Emacs 21.2.1. Is there any way to display line numbers on the
> screen as you are typing?

Yes:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LineNumbers

I'm curious why you want this, though.  I've noticed a number of people
asking about this, and can't see where it would be useful, given some of
emacs' other features.

--
Benjamin Lewis

A small, but vocal, contingent even argues that tin is superior, but they
are held by most to be the lunatic fringe of Foil Deflector Beanie science.