Re: macro help

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: macro help
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:26:07 +0100

Peter Lee <spam@nospam.org> writes:

> I'm having trouble writing a macro to perform a grep-find
> command. Basically I just want to grep the current word in the
> buffer. I would like to be able to use grep-find for this.
>
> This doesn't work.
>
> (defun grep-cur-word (&optional arg)
>   "grep-find on the current word"
>   (interactive "p")
>   (grep-find (current-word)))

> I just want to pass the current-word to grep-find so I can then bind
> it to a key. It would save me a lot of typing.

Try something like this:

(defun grep-cur-word ()
  "grep-find on the current word"
  (interactive)
  (unless grep-find-command
       (grep-compute-defaults))
  (grep (concat grep-find-command "\"" (current-word) "\"")))

PS: You posted the same question separately to comp.emacs and
gnu.emacs.help.  Please don't multi-post -- cross-post instead.

If you want to post to both groups then include both of them in the
Newsgroups header instead of sending identical copies.