Re: A very simple question on SED or AWK for a GURU, possibly a lisp scr

From: Friedrich Dominicus
Subject: Re: A very simple question on SED or AWK for a GURU, possibly a lisp script or emacs batch processing of many files
Date: 14 Jan 2003 11:23:58 +0100

gnuist006@hotmail.com (gnuist006) writes:

> Mr Friedrich's reply uses perl.
Definitly not. It's Common Lisp.

> On the other hand for a lisp based solution
> I CAN write a macro or a lisp function to do the
> core logic in lisp inside emacs by myself using narrow
> and widen or transient mode. But here what I do not know
> is how to load one file after another and then save it
> to a new name and close that buffer. Please just show me
> how to do a bunch of files in this way. I can generate the
> file names like this in bash:
Well extending my solution to more files is easy

(mapc '#(lambda (file) (q-2003-01-14 file)
          ;; rename the generated file if needed)
        (directory "pattern"))

That's all

Doing that all in Emacs Lisp isn't much more difficult.

> for i in `du -a directory | grep file.txt | sed to remove some junk
> from du`; do
For getting a file listing in Common Lisp use directory in Emacs Lisp
it's directory-files.

But I *strongly* sugggest you post there where you expect an
answer. Is it a shell problem use some .shell group if it's Emacs Lisp
use some emacs Newgroup and if you want Common Lisp post here.

Friedrich