solution for accessing own info files

From: Michael Below
Subject: solution for accessing own info files
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:48:04 +0100

Michael Below <mbelow@antithese.de> writes:
> As a next step, I tried making a "dir" file of my
> own in /home/mbelow/elisp/info , because I thought maybe those dir
> files are being merged. This changed the behaviour of info, but not as
> intended: I keep getting
>
> Search Failed: "
> ^_"

I found it (thanks to less): I had inserted the two characters caret
and underscore, but that's not what is meant by "^_" in the info
documentation, it has to be the single character I would describe as
C-_ in emacs notation.  Using vim, I was able to insert that
character, and now everything is working as I wanted it to be...

Ciao
  Michael
--
_Agricultural activity_ is the management by an enterprise of the
biological transformation of biological assets for sale, into