Re: accessing own info files

From: Michael Below
Subject: Re: accessing own info files
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:11:49 +0100

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:
> What is the reason why Debian needs to keep a less "complete" version
> of install-info anyway (I don't care who was there first)?

In Debian, install-info comes with the package management tools, not
with texinfo. It is a tool for automated installation of documentation
for the installed packages. So probably the developers decided to
leave out everything not needed for this task, to keep the package
management tools lean.

Michael
--
_Agricultural activity_ is the management by an enterprise of the
biological transformation of biological assets for sale, into