Re: Use wiki from Emacs?

From: Bruce Ingalls
Subject: Re: Use wiki from Emacs?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:10:37 GMT

Kai Großjohann wrote:
(IIUC, the wiki mode in Emacs is not server based.  You edit files
Don't know the answer, but there is more than one Wiki mode for Emacs,
although the 2 I know of, one is a fork of the other.

PS: Actually, I don't quite understand all this web craziness.  Why
The purpose of the web is to turn over technology as fast as you can, so
that investors are bled dry, before they understand what that new jargon
means. :D

    not just put some files in a CVS repository?  That's not more
    difficult to access than web, once you have a working directory.
    And you always have a local copy.  Gah :-(  </rant>

I actually do this with http://emacro.sf.net/ (see resources to download
Wiki)
I see 2 disadvantages:
1) SourceForge's cvs server seems to be often down these days, disabling
much of the EMacro site. Perhaps Wiki presents a lighter, more stable load?

2) All contributers must have CVS accounts (which may be a good thing)
Not requiring an account or trivial account setup is convenient, and
encourages participation.