Re: placing cursor at *start* of match in incremental search

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Re: placing cursor at *start* of match in incremental search
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:34:28 -0800

At 6:35 PM +0000 1/17/03, Maciej Kalisiak wrote:
* Greg Hill <ghill@synergymicro.com>:
  Put this in your .emacs:

  (add-hook 'isearch-mode-end-hook
       (function (lambda () (goto-char (match-beginning 0)))))

Ah, perfect!  Thanks.

Is this approach better, or Adrian's method of using "advice"? (I have only
limited elisp knowledge, and not much experience with advice functions)

A question like that could probably start a "religious war," which I'll stay out of.

--Greg