Another word for "path"?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Another word for "path"?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:20:16 +0100

A Tramp filename consists of the following parts:

  - a method specification
  - a user name
  - a host name
  - and a path specifying the file on the remote host

Now the GNU coding standards say that the word "path" is defined as a
list of directories, such as those found in $PATH and $MANPATH.

Which word could I use for the fourth component of a Tramp filename?
I think "filename" is not a good word, as I already use it for the
whole thing.
--
Ambibibentists unite!