eshell - win32 - executable files

From: matt
Subject: eshell - win32 - executable files
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:01:50 GMT

This may be something that I need to do in the Windows registry, but...

How can I specify which files are executable. On a windows system there are the normal ones like .exe, .bat, .com, etc. What I want to do is to tell emacs that another type of file is executable, so that I can just type the filename and have it execute like any other command. Specifically, a perl script. I want to be able to execute say "myscript.pl" without having to type: perl path_to_script/myscript.pl. I have the file association set in explorer, and the path to the script is in my path. I can execute it in cmd.exe by typing myscript.pl, but not in eshell.

Any ideas?

TIA -- Matt
--
Remove the X's to reply directly.