Re: Another word for "path"?

From: gebser
Subject: Re: Another word for "path"?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:28:59 -0500 (EST)

Kai,

Consistency is nice.  It would make it easier to find related variables.

If the components were named:

tramp-remote-access-method
tramp-remote-user
tramp-remote-host
tramp-remote-path
tramp-remote-file

The whole thing concatenated would be:

tramp-remote-access-spec

If "local" means the machine connected to the keyboard under my fingers,
then "remote" is the machine at the far end of the connection I'm using
tramp to make.  The term "spec" (short for "specification") denotes all
of that which needs to be specified, but also that it may be a directory
(yes?).

Just my 2%USD,
ken