Re: Saving Buffer

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: Saving Buffer
Date: 20 Jan 2003 17:05:07 -0600

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, carlc@snowbd.com wrote:
> The function save-buffers-kill-emacs goes through each modified buffer
> with a file assocation and asks "Save file /home/carl/trash? (y, n, !,
> ., q, C-r or C-h)". Is this functionality available for a single
> (current) buffer? I cannot find a command similar to this. I just want
> to say kill-buffer, but ask to save if it is modified.

C-x k when you are within the buffer you want to kill.

> I don't want it to kill-emacs.

As an additional step (not really related to your issue,

(setq kill-emacs-query-functions
      (cons (lambda () (yes-or-no-p "Really kill Emacs? "))
                        kill-emacs-query-functions))

This makes sure you don't kill Emacs when you didn't mean it. C-x C-c is
too easy to hit.

--
Galen deForest Boyer