Cleartype working on 21.2

From: Todd Wylie
Subject: Cleartype working on 21.2
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:38:25 -0600

I'm writing concerning Cleartype and Windows XP. I've tried Emacs 21.1 under
WinXP (as I've read that Cleartype works for some reason on this version) and
though it does anti-alias the fonts I get very strange streaking and screen
artifacts that only refresh when C-l is used. When I switched to Emacs 21.2.1
on my desktop the Cleartype fonts worked flawlessly for some reason. But,
when I tried the exact same pre-compiled version of 21.2 on my notebook and
another desktop running WinXP the Cleartype will not work on Emacs. It's very
strange and frustrating -- Cleartype on Emacs looks really great when it
works correctly. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had encountered this
before or if they had advice on what might be happening that I can't
reproduce on the other systems.

Thanks.